Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Henry: four month recap

Month four was amazing! Our smiley little man is becoming more and more interactive! Rod and I live for the sound of his laugh. 

This month, Henry:     - Steadily raises his head and chest during tummy time     - Pushes down on legs when held against a surface (usually my lap)     - Began "talking" to us (via "coos" and "whoos")     - Swiping at, and then grasping, hanging toys     - Rolled over from front to back (wooo whoo!)

After being home with Henry for over a month, Rod went back to work and Henry started daycare.  Our provider (Cathy) runs her daycare out of her home and has only four children.  She sends us home with a "report-card" at the end of each day to let us know how his day went.  She raised three very successful sons (one is currently in a PhD program at UC Davis) and she keeps in touch with her previous families.  Cathy was highly recommended to us and we already feel we can trust her.  Her excellent record helps to take the edge off of my mommy-anxiety, but unfortunately it doesn't take it away completely.  My guess is the mommy-anxiety never completely goes away; it's just part of the job.















10 comments:

YeamieWaffles said...

Henry is so adorable and to me you are an absolute hero for going back to work too Alex, I love you and the family so much, literally the perfect family.

Amanda H said...

That boy is getting so big and strong! :) Oh AND handsome!

Vishnu said...

Alex, so many good photos. This kid is so photogenic!

Glad you found someone you could trust Henry with.

Lauren said...

so precious! glad you have a caregiver that you can trust so much...I'm sure that makes it somewhat easier!

Crystal Collier said...

He is adorable! I especially love the shot with the hoodie towel. Precious.

Jessica said...

What a cutie! He has a heartbreaker of a smile! Mommy anxiety goes away little by little, but I still text my daycare lady everyday on my prep to see how my baby is doing! And she turns 1 on Sunday!

Faith said...

I know you have peace of mind knowing he is in good hands :)

He is beautiful! Happy 4 months Henry!

Nancy said...

He is adorable. And that SMILE!!!
I am so happy he is doing great with his sitter! That is always hard to go back to work!

Libby said...

He is sooo cute! I cant believe I will have one of my own in 8 weeks, EEK!

Samantha said...

We have the same football jammies for my son. Don't let woman full you about working and doing everything. When I get home it's all out war. I actually saw a pinterest post that summed it up nicely...."I live in a madhouse run by a little army I created!" I thought it was hysterical.